Fitz, start your sailing fleet...

Rigs

Yah, Andre' I saw that with the sponsoned "canoe coffee table"! No chance of dumping the coffee with that!!

Well, I have two canoes I would consider sail-ers and a complete rig and almost enough parts to rig the second one (I want to take a stab at making a mast in my free time), so I guess I'm good with respect to rigs. Besides if this rig on ebay gets another sailor into the WCHA Navy - great!

Attachments

• 1fe2_1.JPG
    1fe2_1.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 436
I have a dead horse I was thinking of cutting up and selling on e-bay.
Well actually it's not dead but I figure when it is.....
I guess you really can sell anything on ebay.
Anyone help me chop this Dusenburg?
John

john hupfield said:
I have a dead horse I was thinking of cutting up and selling on e-bay.
Well actually it's not dead but I figure when it is.....
I guess you really can sell anything on ebay.

Hi John,

Your dead horse will sell better if its spots are shaped like Marilyn Monroe...

Another classic eBay canoe is the one that was just relisted for a second time at http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ280187464645 and the complete description is: "Condition: Used brand : old town I nedd to take pics tomorrow in the daylight" for $450. You can probably understand why it hasn't drawn any bids yet.

Benson

What I got a kick out of was....He lists the canoe along with all the other FOOD processing equipment! Seems as though none of that stuff is suitable for the Allagash!:D

The other interesting one is at http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/516545997.html with the title "Is your bathtub 17' long? If so: Old Town Penobscot 17 canoe for sale! - $600" on Craig's list. Some of the readers of this forum may feel that a bathtub is the best use for a plastic canoe.

Benson

Last edited:
No Andre, I prefer more functional coffee tables and book cases but I understand that you might be looking for a longer mast to go with your new sailing canoe. The real irony is that this Carleton canoe and all of the sailing equipment were in one lot at an auction that I previewed last spring. I didn't stay to bid then because the canoe looked like it would be much more trouble than it was worth. I found out later that no one else bid on that lot either. Most of this sailing rig will soon be re-listed in the WCHA classifieds since all I wanted are the bronze leeboard brackets to go with my 1930s sailing canoe.

Benson

Back