Curing Question

thechief

Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes
Yesterday I post a question about what I think might me a reaction of applying fresh filler on fresh canvas on the sponsons the hull had been filled 4 weeks prior . While filling the sponsons I thought I'd add a small amount of fresh filler at the ends where the filler appeared to be light in spots probably because the boat was upside down when filled and was unnoticed. I just read where someone put a low powered light under the upside down canoe to allow a bit of dry warm air in since it's 32 degrees and getting colder. The barometer is all over the place here in SJ. Could this help speed up the curing process and hopefully shrink these 2 areas between the sponson ends and canoe ends? Or am I better off just waiting it out moving it outside as soon as winter breaks. I was hoping to sand and prime in May so I can get it in water this summer. I have a common 16" OT with sponsons it required about 1.5 gallons of filler. I'm anxious to see if the 2 air pockets that developed after filling the sponsons disappear racially since they just now appeared when the sponsons were filled. Thanks

Back