bronze canoe parts at Bristol Bronze

Mike Heines

Upstate Canoe Sailor
I went to visit my Mother in Rhode Island last week, and as part of that time I went to see Roger Winiarski at Bristol Bronze, under the road bridge in Tiverton, RI. I think Roger has now retired from his regular job, and production of a large variety of bronze boat and canoe fittings is his sole interest. he sure had mounds of stuff in his shop. he also told me that he has the sheets prepared for a new catalog including canoe fittings, but it's not available yet. I bought a mast seat ring to fit an Old Town canoe, a couple of thumb screws to fit a leeboard sailing deck, and a hook bolt to fit an old style portage carrier. Roger also has Carleton canoe cast bronze identification plates, goosenecks, and the ever popular tail nuts for tightening down on lee boards. You'll probably have to call him (the number's on his web site) to see what his stock level is, etc. He also has all kinds of small to medium size bronze yacht fittings. I've had him cast some canoe parts from my originals over the last couple of years, and he does good work. Things take time because he is a one man operation. I don't have any business relationship with him - I'm just trying to make hard to find parts more available.

Mike H.

Back