Absentee Bidding available for 2015 WCHA Auction

Dan Miller

cranky canoeist
Staff member
The WCHA Auction and Raffle Committee is offering absentee bidding for the first time, on a limited, trial basis. Can’t attend Assembly? Here is your chance to acquire some of the high-quality items that are donated to the Auction.
Full details about the absentee bidding process can be found here: http://www.wcha.org/wcha-auction-absentee-bidding/

A follow up for any of the membership that was thinking of participating in the Auction as an absentee bidder...please let us know if you value this concept for the future or what we details we need to change or add to make it work for you.
Results from 2015 suggest we do not need to offer this option again.

FYI - The restored Robertson canoe sold for $1750...it is beautiful - and would have been a bargain at a much higher higher winning bid.
Thanks!

I knew I would be out of town, and out of communications for this, so I didn't try it. I like the idea, but I know things like this get to be a lot of work, so I understand if it doesn't make sense to continue it.

That Robertson was a bargain! I hope that when its time to pass to a new owner comes, the WCHA is thought of.
(I couldn't justify bidding.. We have the same boat albeit in rougher shape.) That would have been very hard to explain:D

Thanks to Steve Ambrose for participating and driving the price to $1750, as the boat would surely have gone for less. Hopefully his long trip home with it was uneventful, and his boats on the green were super as well. With large ticket items, as at any auction sale, good results depend not only on at least two people with the desire for the item but also the means. Within a small group of only 70 bidding numbers and surely everyone owning multiple canoes we were fortunate to have both. And our thanks as always go to the norumbega chapter without whose annual efforts our yearly proceeds would be greatly diminished.

Back