A Little Foolishness

Andy Hutyera

The Red Canoe Guy - Life Member
I thought you all migt enjoy this wierd sign that I ran into recently. I''ll leave you all to guess what it's all about.

Attachments

• Canoe-Sign.jpg
    Canoe-Sign.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 699
It is discrimination, pure and simple.
No doubt a kayaking anti-canoe-ite. ;-]
(motorboaters would not even notice a parked canoe).
Which reminds me, did you see the Becky Mason solo classic canoe video? Wonderful. AND she parallel parks with a pry or a draw.
I cannot wait for the ice to thaw.
to try the moves I watched in awe.
or to fall in the drink while trying.
Peace to all.

My guess is That this is a sign from when canoes were very popular.Couples would rent a canoe from liveries and paddle around the local lake or river.Like most young men they would try to cut their pretty passenger out of the herd and head to a secluded spot for a little sparking and romance.Certain spots along the lakes or river would be ideal for this activity hence the signs.How'm I doin.
Remember the old one where the teens in the back seat of a car tell the policeman"honest officer we were only necking"

Gee Dan,
Sounds like you were around in the good old days when "Safe Sex" meant putting on the parking brake in your car!

I'll hold off explaining because what you guys are coming up with is much more fun than the truth. Keep it up!

Yes, I have Becky's latest video and I agree. There's a lot of really neat stuff on there to attempt. Fortunately I got mine right after it came out and before feeze-up so I've had a chance to play. She sure makes it look easy.

Your quite right Mike nothing like the good old days
Ok Andy how about The sign was posted outside of one of those underground parking lots.The ones were a pickup truck driver has to wonder if they have enough clearance for just truck never mind the canoe on top the rack.

Reponding to an urgent, last minute request, I borroed a car from a friend to drop off a foreign friend at the Toronto airport. The car had a canoe on top. When I got to the airport, I realized I couldn't drive into the covered parking garage. So, I parked at a 15 minute meter and left a note on the car explaining that I would be back as soon as possible. Of course, I got involved in helping the friend through security, and was away longer than 15 minutes. When I got back, the car was gone. A check with security found that it had been towed and that I could get it back from the impound lot at the airport for a mere $84. Expensive parking, eh?

There's a gin mill in a small Adirondacks town called "The Canoe". It's next door to a Methodist church. This sign is in the church parking lot.

A lot of you won't believe it, but I've been there. (That would be the bar, not the church.)

A Dandy- Bill shoulda saved that one for April 1st.Then again sounds reasonable enough to be fact.
What if your at a marina and canoes are definately not allowed to park in front of the gas pumps.
Im out!!

Bill wins the prize for coming closest to the facts. Actually I'm visiting Atlanta Georgia for extended medical treatment. We brought our canoe and have been taking advantage of the southern winter and exploring the local lakes and streams. We discovered a restaurant on the Chatahoochie River named "Canoe." It's in a small strip mall but has it's own valet parking area. The adjoining businesses have erected these friendly signs to discourage restaurant patrons from invading their parking space. I saw the signs and couldn't resist posting pictures here. By the way, we ignored the signs and parked our car and canoe in their lot - mostly because I'm too cheap to tip the valet parkers. I'm stuck here until the end of January and can't wait to get back to the frozen north so I can start on another canoe. In the meantime we're really having fun here despite the reason for our visit.

Back