22' Gaspe Salmon Fishing Canoe

Hummy

Canoe Dude
Came across this on CL, thought I would share it with y'all, although its not very old, 1970's, it is cedar over oak ribs covered with canvass and fiberglass from the factory.
These boats are typically powered by a 15 hp motor with 2-3 passengers and duffle, however the owner has toured with five adults in it, with two abreast amidship. This is currently being used as a guide boat. What a beast, a like a war canoe, only smaller...

00J0J_jTnR9hoZBx0_600x450.jpg 00K0K_adFFvoYXqSB_600x450.jpg 00T0T_kMrtkfJufAF_600x450.jpg

My tripping buddy is restoring his 20 foot version (Chestnut Ogilvy Pool). He is at the varnishing stage. We had nine people, two dogs and some gear in it once on a day trip. The waterline didn't even flinch. The Ranger on Eagle Lake stopped us and asked if we were overloaded. To which we responded, "no". He took our word for it. It goes good with 3 hp.

It is a nice canoe. I forgot to mention that someone slathered fiberglass all over the transom on this canoe leading to extensive rot. The transom had to be replaced.

The ribs in the canoe above are likely northern white cedar, not oak. What is the asking price?

Last edited:
Back