'Woodsman' canoe

Dakin1020

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Does anyone have information regarding a wood/canvas canoe by the name 'Woodsman'? It is 16 feet long with some kind of false floor over the ribs. I have no idea of the age or manufacturer if different than Woodsman. No further details available.

Would certainly appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

Does anyone have information regarding a wood/canvas canoe by the name 'Woodsman'? It is 16 feet long with some kind of false floor over the ribs. I have no idea of the age or manufacturer if different than Woodsman. No further details available.

Would certainly appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

While I don't consider myself an expert I'm pretty sure I know what canoe you're looking at and I'm pretty sure it's a Thompson (probably Hiawatha). I have no idea where the sellers came up with the "Woodsman" name. But I could be wrong...

Thank you Feathers:. If you saw the photos what do you think of the floor covering? Did Thompson cover the ribs as shown in the photos?

Thank you Feathers:. If you saw the photos what do you think of the floor covering? Did Thompson cover the ribs as shown in the photos?

I think what you're looking at is the Thompson design for half ribs in a Hiawatha. Google it and see if it matches what you're looking at. If you share the link to the photos real experts will likely jump in and help out.

Back