WCHA Photo Request- Paddling with Pets

Roger Kugler

Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes
Hi All,
I'm looking for a few more photos of you paddling with your pouch, kitty, hamster (weird!) or gila monster (cool!). Include a short narrative so others can enjoy. Thanks in advance.
Roger
Webmaster

P7310019.jpg

not the best shot,but 3 dogs 2 guys 3 days on class 3 river

Hi,

Here is a picture of Bruiser (rat terrier) at the bow of a war canoe on Jag Lake, WI. with fellow WCHA Great Rivers Chapter members.

Bruiser had already placed his paddle in the canoe so he saluted with his right ear.

He is a great swimmer so he did not need a PFD.

It's a dog's life,

Paul

Attachments

• Bruiser on the bow2.jpg
    Bruiser on the bow2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 309
Paddlin' With Charlie

This is an amazing picture of Charlie, because it was the first time he wasn't hunkered down under my legs, trying to become part of me, while we paddled. He's an older "rescue" who trembles at the drop of a feather, but he's begun seeing beyond himself and last fall actually enjoyed the canoe ride.

And here's a video of both Bert and Charlie in the canoe at the 2008 Assembly paddle-by in Peterborough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNvx4PZyP_c

Attachments

• Charlie in canoe w Mom.jpg
    Charlie in canoe w Mom.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 281
Guard Dog

I haven't tried to take my cats on a trip for some obvious reasons, but Abbie the Labradoodle owns my tripping bud and she saves us from all the Lions, Tigers, Bears, and Red Squirrels on our trips to the woods. Photo credit for the close up shots is Adam Dumas.

Attachments

• AbbySleepyCanoe.jpg
    AbbySleepyCanoe.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 283
  • DaveDeadwater.jpg
    DaveDeadwater.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 291
  • AbbyEdit.jpg
    AbbyEdit.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 298
The attached image was taken by Ted Michel at the Peterborough Assembly. I didn't realize how rare it would be for us to have our dogs in the paddle-by until I tried to find dog-friendly accommodations near subsequent Assembly sites... either too expensive or non-existent. So, this may be the only paddle-by where Charlie (bow) and Bert (stern) show their furry faces.

For anyone new to my personal obsessions, the dogs are named for the Morris brothers, who built canoes in Veazie, Maine.

Kathy

Attachments

• pups on tour.jpg
    pups on tour.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 285
Skippy likes to ride in the canoe.

Two shots of Skippy.

Attachments

• 100_2067.JPG
    100_2067.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 286
  • 100_2066.JPG