The Moore Guide Special

geoatk

I am looking for information on Canoes my grandfather built. He build boats in New Brunswick, Canada in the early 1900s. From the information I have, they where called the Moore Guide Special. They were designed to be used on the shallow Tobique River in Perth Andover, Canada. I have advertisement with some details. I also believe at one time he built boats for Chestnut. His name was B.S. Moore. In addition to building boats, he did wildlife photography, was a guide and built a hunting camp in NB. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Geoff

I have forwarded your request to Bill Miller, who is a 3rd generation wooden canoe builder in Nictau, NB, on the shores of the beautiful Tobique river. He may have some information.

Geoff,

I just heard from Bill Miller. He actually has 3 BS Moore boats! If you would like to contact him directly his e-mail address is...

canoe###@###nbnet.###nb.###ca

Remove the ### from the address (Safety precaution against "bot" data miners" - pesky little critters that automatically cruise websites and discussion forums looking to get their hands on someone's address)

moore canoes

moore canoes there is a moore family that build canoes in st stephen new brunswick and also restores old one and refinishes them either with canvas or fiberglass they redo a lot of old chestnut canoes plus there own

Back