Strong Canoe info

ppride

Canoe Builder
I'm looking for any information on canoes built by Horace Strong in Craftsbury Common, VT. Thanks Pete

Nice man

Was honored to meet Horace and Shirley a couple years ago. He said he has built about a hundred canoes, if my memory serves. The grand Laker is his and was extreme high quality.

Attachments

• Strong 1.jpg
    Strong 1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 533
  • Strong 2.jpg
    Strong 2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 461
  • Strong 3.jpg
    Strong 3.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 511
Horace Strong

Horace built canoes in courses at the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum in Vermont for several years, and then claimed to have built over 100 canoes, so I expect its really a larger number (that was 10 years ago - when I worked at LCMM - and although he always claimed he was done with building them, I kept hearing of others for some time). I haven't heard from Horace or Shirley for several years now, but trust they are still going strong (so to say). They have a serious commitment to Habitat for Humanity and have spent a lot of time traveling around the country building houses for other people. Horace also happens to be a very funny person, especially if you appreciate cornball humor. (Shirley is a saint!) Last but certainly not least, he builds a beautiful canoe. I hope they are both well and happy.
Don in Vermont

Back