Spray cover for cedar canvas

Ariel Estulin

I'm toying with the idea of making a spray cover for my cedar canvas.
So without drilling holes in the boat, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

It's main use is big lake paddling.

I bought a spray skirt for a 17' royalex years ago from Northwater in BC. I had to drill out 26 holes where I placed the rubber grommets, glued inside the boat. The grommets held a rope loops that were pushed through the drilled holes and the drawstrings were strung through. it came in two sections that could connect by velcro on the top. This was nice as we could run the whole length covered or half covered.
And, the drawstring allowed flexibility when the gear was over the top of the boat.
So, not an original idea but a variation on a theme.
howard

I bought a spray skirt for a 17' royalex years ago from Northwater in BC. I had to drill out 26 holes where I placed the rubber grommets, glued inside the boat. The grommets held a rope loops that were pushed through the drilled holes and the drawstrings were strung through. it came in two sections that could connect by velcro on the top. This was nice as we could run the whole length covered or half covered.
And, the drawstring allowed flexibility when the gear was over the top of the boat.
So, not an original idea but a variation on a theme.
howard

Back