Samoset canoe club

SWEETWATER

LOVES Wooden Canoes
does anyone have any pic.'s or info on the SAMOSET CANOE CLUB that was in West Roxbury , Mass. in the late 1800's and early 1900's ?

What sort of information are you looking for? I did a quick google search and learned (from one of those ubiquitous Arcadia books) that the Samoset Canoe Club was near Spring Street, along with the Spring Street Canoe House and Breed's. I have some photos of the latter two, but none of Samoset that I am aware of - it is possible I may have a photo of it that is unidentified.

I also have a 1928 ACA yearbook with a display ad for Samoset CC. Unfortunately, I can't scan it until I get the logic board on my computer replaced. I can't use the high-powered graphics chip in the meantime. :(

Computer cooperated long enough to scan the Samoset ad.

Attachments

• Samoset.jpg
    Samoset.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 314
Dan thanks so much, i would love to see pics of the other clubs to, if you have them. i am interested in anything related to the charles river canoe clubs in dedham and west roxbury.

Here is another ad, this time from the 1931 ACA yearbook. This one gives the dates the club was founded and incorporated.

Attachments

• Samoset 2.jpg
    Samoset 2.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 289
Dan again thanks, i would also love to see the pic.s of breeds and spring st canoe clubs if possible

Back