Pete North Boy

Dave Wermuth

Who hid my paddle?
To test the site mostly, I thought I'd post the progress on the North Boy. I noticed that photos aren't showing up so I'll try to post some to see what happens.
Here's the 'before'
Transom was broke out some.
Temporary stringers.
Planking the 'good side'
Adjusting ribs.
Hmm, uploads failed. Trying again with smaller file size.
not working yet. My files are 1000 x 750 or 1200 x 900. Is that too big? Or are photos not yet working?

photos are back

Ill try again.
1. 'before'
2. transom broke loose
3.temp stringers to bend ribs to.
4. planking the 'good side'
5. making adjustments to ribs.
I think it worked.

Attachments

• 100_0509.jpg
    100_0509.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 100_0777.JPG
    100_0777.JPG
    327.3 KB · Views: 261
  • 100_1162.jpg
    100_1162.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 101_1338.JPG
    101_1338.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 253
  • 101_1343.JPG
    101_1343.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 262
Very Nice Dave,

That actually looks like it's in better condition than an old OT I got talked into a number years ago.

Dan

Bob

I did not know that. I'll tell the owner. I would have guessed they were common amoung the pike fishing community of the Great White North. One thing that interests me is that it is not set up for rowing. I would have thought that a center seat and oarlocks would be standard, but not on this one.

From a newbie, Wow, I thought that canoe would be beyond repair. My first project suddenly doesn't seem so difficult.

Dave, great job! and it must have been fun.

Steve

P.S. Thanks for your reply to my first post.

Great work Dave!
I'd have tossed it in the burn pile.
Mark, shame you're all the way in Reno, we'd have fun....:D

I think that Andre, like me, has gotten lazy in his old age. Time was I wouldn't have passed that up. I thought I could restore anything. The closest I did to that was an old chestnut that had a tree fall on it. My kids called it the "air canoe". It turned out great, but man, what a lot of work. I have gotten more picky about what I'll restore as time has gone on. I have attached pics of "air canoe".

Attachments

• air canoe.JPG
    air canoe.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 218
  • overall.JPG
    overall.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 216
Hey Dave,

Did you see the two piece Yankee last week? 1927 and free to good home. I wanted to jump on it before you did, but the boss said "no". You know they stack together and dont take up much space. Looks like you have the hard part done on that one. Good job. Fred

Mark, the air canoe is impressive! I can't say 'no'. That's why they call me derelict dave.
Fred, I did not see the 2 part canoe. Good thing.

I keep telling myself to use constraint when it comes to saving the derelicts, but, well, consider it a counter balance to Andre' the Pyro. That way it all averages out.

Back