Launch Day is finally here!!

ticonderoga

"Just one more"
The restoration of my 1941 OT HW is completed! Last Sunday was the maiden voyage of my first restoration project on my first cedar/canvas canoe. It was 27 degrees out but that didnt dampen my enthusiasm for such a long awaited day. It took one year to complete with new inner and outer gunwales, 2 decks, 23 rib tops, 2 new stem tops, 70 feet of planking, new canvas, filler, 4 coats of paint, 4 coats of varnish and 130 hours of trial and error! It was a great first project for me because I got to repair or replace every major component of the canoe. I want to thank everyone on this forum for your great advise and knowledge during the many times I was at a lose for what to do next. It is because of you that I am now truly addicted! I hope to bring it to the Assembly this summer. Once again thank you. DSC_0005.jpgDSC_0008.jpgDSC_0013.jpgDSC_0071.jpgDSC_0075.jpg

This is one of my favorite things about this community, I think - that it can provide knowledge and inspiration to those of us undertaking these overwhelming-at-first projects, and in so doing, continue to foster and spread a deep appreciation for wooden canoes (i.e. creating new addicts).

Congratulations on a successful rehabilitation. Great to see all the hard work pay off so nicely.

Great Job!

As I embark on my own restoration I look forward to the same maiden voyage - hopefully in the spring. Congrats on your successful project and I expect you will enjoy the fruits of your labor for many years to come.

Safe paddling ;-)

Back