It has been a while.

Makeryguy

Old Soul
Glad to be active on the forums once again. I was more active on here and attended more assemblies before our family grew and things got busy. Things aren't really THAT mush less busy, I'm just learning to make time for things that bring me peace. Wooden canoes do just that. I built a 16' Chestnut Prospector 22 years ago after picking up a copy of Canoecraft at a shop called "With Pipe and Book" in Lake Placid. We were on our honeymoon when I read the book cover to cover. A year later I finished the canoe and named it after our first daughter "Grace Elizabeth". During the next year, I had replied to an add here in the WCHA classifieds written by a woman whose husband had passed away, and was looking for someone to finish a canoe that he had started. We traveled to Connecticut, met the woman, gathered what her husband had begun, and brought it back to NY to finish over the winter. The next spring, I delivered that canoe to her. It was a beautiful moment. All of this was facilitated by this site, and the great community built around it. I'm glad to be back.

As an aside, and to confirm how busy life has gotten, after delivering the canoe to Connecticut, I began building a Wee Lassie to be named after our second daughter. I had read about George W. Sears and his Sairy Gamp so it was a must. While building that canoe, we learned we were going to have twins! That Wee Lassie is still sitting on the stations, half stripped, and now I'm 2 1/2 canoes behind 18 years later. And yes. It was 2 more girls. I'm a happy man.

That's all for now. Thanks for having me back!

Worth, indeed. Michael, correct! 21, 19 and double 16s haha Hey, maybe those are good Powerball numbers to start with! Lol

Back