Help with Thompson ID and year?

DBFitz

Hi, I think this is a Hiawatha but I'm not sure- can anyone else tell from these pictures? It has a brass tag on the deck that reads "Thompson Bros. Peshtigo, Wis" It is 17 ft long, 34 inches wide with a depth of about 13 inches. Thanks, Doug

May 010-1k.jpgMay 008-1k.jpgMay 007-1k.jpgMay 012-1k.jpg

Thanks Dan, I guess I can't tell for sure but the seats look like white oak and the thwarts either mahagony or maple so that puts it as a 1943 maybe. It has been in the family for 50 years -not even used for the last 40 so now it's time to let someone else enjoy it. I was trying to get the model and age so I could list it for sale somewhere but the exact age probably doesn't matter for that either. Would you be so kind as to give me some kind of ballpark figure on the value? I think it's in pretty good shape for a 70 year old boat, one repair on the gunwale, no rot anywhere, no broken ribs or planking, seats need covering, canvas/paint is old and dry probably needs replacing but you could step right in and paddle today just the way it is. Any help would be appreciated as I have no idea what a fair price on this is. Thanks again, Doug

Back