Does anyone have any experience paddling a Cheemaun?

Canoe Bob.

I know there is some info on the search link. I am looking specifically for info on folks who paddle this canoe as a solo and trip with it. I am 6'4" at 225 and usually take 75 pounds of gear and food with me.

Bob.

I built one, years ago. My very first canoe built. I found it to be very nice handling. At 215 I thought it did not paddle exceptionally well solo and that it was better for tandem. BUT, for your size and amount of gear, I can't think of anything better. I'd say you will be very happy. My only issue was that with only my 215 in it I thought it was a little susceptible to wind on lakes as a solo. I know it is touted as a great solo boat. I did not use it for tripping, so can't be more specific.

Well, I must say I've always have liked the boat. It is absolutely, hands down, no questions asked, the best solo or tandem boat than you can find. Loaded or empty, with a dead deer or a lively dog, or both, there is no better canoe to paddle, everyone should own one or maybe two! Why I couldn't heap anymore praise on it than if I designed it myself!
Opps.... I did design it so maybe I'm a bit prejudice in my views! :rolleyes:

Back