Classified archive

Benson Gray

Canoe History Enthusiast
Staff member
I’ve taken a first pass at a classified archive as shown at https://wcha.org/classified-archive/ from a few of my records. This was suggested some time ago and I've been pondering how to best present the information. I first started with the oldest one (from 1999) and then decided that the objective is to have detailed pictures so changed to using the largest images first. The individual builders and models will probably get broken out to seperate pages once this starts growing. Let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks,

Benson

This seems to me like a good approach, for someone seeking guidance when facing a restoration project. For example, see the difference between the small and large deck/front seat pictures in your first "Unknown" section -- it is much easier to see details (such as how the seat is hung) in the larger picture, and problems with details are generally what people are looking to solve when looking at pictures of other canoes.

I am encouraged to see something get fleshed out.
I think Greg has correctly summarized one of the key points that I was looking for in the classifieds records.
Sorting by builder is (in my view) the most logical way to file the records. From there, model would be useful, but I suspect that it will not always be available or correct.
Is this a fascia example how this record would appear to someone looking for old classified?

Is this a fascia example how this record would appear to someone looking for old classified?

I'm not sure what you are asking. This is how I was planning to present this information. My thought is to break down by builder and model as things grow. The Old Town listings and their fifty pound models are now on their own pages for example. Let me know if you have a better idea or other questions. Thanks,

Benson

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you are asking. This is how I was planning to present this information. My thought is to break down by builder and model as things grow. The Old Town listings and their fifty pound models are now on their own pages for example. Let me know if you have a better idea or other questions. Thanks,

Benson
I was simply curious. I think it will be great. One of the major benefits of a website with shared content is that it provides this sort of opportunity to collect and manage information that would otherwise not be easily accessible.

Back