Beware of potential buyers on Member classifieds

TAHOELAYNEE

I received an email after posting my canoe here on the member classifieds. He offered more money than I was asking and wanted to send me a USPS money order to wire to his shipping company.

This is a scam. I have heard of these and told him I heard of these types of scams, and was not interested.

The email was larry smith <larrysmith_05@yahoo.com>

I would of been out of $5,000 if I did not hear of this before I got this email from a suposed buyer.

I would hate to have this happen to someone here because I did not report what happened.

Scammers are active on WCHA Buy/Sell

I have also been contacted by larrysmith_05@yahoo.com with requests to buy my canoe. Please be cautious about selling on any open Buy/Sell board. An anxious email request to sell your item here will almost certainly involve an offer to cash a larger cheque than what you are requesting, with the difference being returned to the buyer. Your loss.

I also received a suspicious phone call with regard to purchasing my canoe as well.

Scammers are active on WCHA Buy/Sell- BEWARE

I have also been contacted by larrysmith_05@yahoo.com with requests to buy my canoe. Please be cautious about selling on any open Buy/Sell board. An anxious email request to sell your item here will almost certainly involve an offer to cash a larger cheque than what you are requesting, with the difference being returned to the buyer. Your loss.

I also received a suspicious phone call with regard to purchasing my canoe as well.

TAHOELAYNEE said:
I received an email after posting my canoe here on the member classifieds. He offered more money than I was asking and wanted to send me a USPS money order to wire to his shipping company.

This is a scam. I have heard of these and told him I heard of these types of scams, and was not interested.

The email was larry smith <larrysmith_05@yahoo.com>

I would of been out of $5,000 if I did not hear of this before I got this email from a suposed buyer.

I would hate to have this happen to someone here because I did not report what happened.

Larry Smith 05

Same junk here...he's written to me to - said his 'agent' would arrange for shipping.

Thanks for the forewarning.

Regards,
Tim

Back