any input apreciated

Dave Wermuth

Who hid my paddle?
The Roxinator, when not acting, or quilting, has been slowly working on her latest art project. It is from the cover of Issue 106, Aug 2001, Wooden Canoe journal. It is attributed to Frank O. Small and was pubished initially in Haprper's Weekly 1891. From the collection of Dave Baker. She plans to have a limited edition run of a low number of prints, with the hopes of having it done in time to provide a copy for Assembly Auction.

So the question is: does anyone have any idea whether she would get sued for copywright or any other reason?

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_art1.jpg
    SprintPhoto_art1.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 314
I am not a lawyer, don't even play one on TV... but the Harper's Weekly illustration has long been in the public domain. Roxy has nothing to worry about...

It's appearance on the cover of Wooden Canoe does not place it back into copyright.

Dan

Beautiful! I look forward very much to seeing the finished product :)!!! And I love that she's thinking of the Assembly auction-- a gift from the heart.

ok, here's an update. She's getting obsessed on finishing this before we head to S.C.

Attachments

• 100_2622.jpg
    100_2622.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 254
Back