Another UFO

workingbadger

Mad Badger
In Memoriam
Owner claims it is an 14' 1960's OT. I don't like to call people liars, but I suspect he is mis-informed. What do you think?

Attachments

• 14 ot  3.jpg
    14 ot 3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 268
  • 14 ot  4.jpg
    14 ot 4.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 14 ot  5.jpg
    14 ot 5.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 14 OT 1.jpg
    14 OT 1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 14 ot 2.jpg
    14 ot 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 266
Did Old Town build canoes with keelsons?

Their war canoes and square ended canoes occasionally had them but they are not typically found in canoes like this. It doesn't look like an Old Town from the 1960s. Is there a serial number on the inside stems?

Benson

Their war canoes and square ended canoes occasionally had them but they are not typically found in canoes like this. It doesn't look like an Old Town from the 1960s. Is there a serial number on the inside stems?

Benson

I am in contact with the owner. He is going to look for a number and bolts. Will let you know what I hear.

14 feet is an uncommon length among the American builders, although it's common to mis-measure a canoe by going tip-to-tip and not allowing for the curvature at each end. It appears to have nice lines and (to me) looks older than the '60s.

14 feet is an uncommon length among the American builders, although it's common to mis-measure a canoe by going tip-to-tip and not allowing for the curvature at each end. It appears to have nice lines and (to me) looks older than the '60s.

I checked out the canoe. It is 16' of the same make as one I bought from the same geographical area a couple of years back. It is homemade and was glassed somewhere along the line.

Back