17 Ft McGreivey Racine

Gordon

My wife and I are no longer able to enjoy our canoe due to our age and my having a badly broken arm. I have placed an ad for our much-loved canoe in the classifieds here and also have it on eBay.

This is a beautiful canoe we had Jack McGreivey build for us in 1994 and has been lovingly cared for. If you get a chance take a look at it in the classifieds section or on eBay where there are more photos.

I hope it is not improper to put this note here, but we want the canoe to go to someone who will appreciate it the way we have for the past 15 years.

Gordon and Susan Monsen

Even though you cant paddle it, it would be nice to be able to still admire it much like artwork. Anyplace to hang it so you dont have to let her go? I wouldnt want to get rid of a Jack canoe, I know how you must feel. Not very many like that one around. Either way, good luck. I do make that model in 1/8th scale and could paint it just like the real canoe, if you wanted something to remember her by and the events that are attached to it.
-Chris

Chris. If we do sell her, I would actually love to have a model of it for my mantle. Its really beautiful. I'll try to post a picture. The gold striping was originally amlsot metallic and has grown a bit dull. But the gold with the green is just so pretty. How much would it cost to have a model painted just like it is?

Gordon

Back