Lows Lake (Adirondacks) Deer Hunt

robin

LOVES Wooden Canoes
I just returned from a week long canoe in deer hunt (no deer)on Low's Lake in NY's Adirondacks. I camped in my 8x10 wall tent that I had cut down to about 6x7, used a interior home made frame and a downsized wood stove for heat.
I carried way too much "stuff", this type of trip was a first for me and I now know what I need and what I don't need.
It was alot of fun but it gets dark early now, so alot of time was spent keeping warm around the stove in the evenings.
Here are some pictures with captions to help tell the story of my week.

https://picasaweb.google.com/101820585424999876229/LowsLakeDeerCampNYADKS?authuser=0&feat=directlink

What an awesome trip! Loved every photo. Especially the one with the utensil hanging in the tent! I saw one of my little baskets! I'm glad to know I have been
on many trips with alot of WCHAer"s! Can't wait to show the pics to my husband--he's out deer hunting! Ha!

I was just there a couple weeks ago!

IMG_4630.jpg

During the height of the foliage

IMG_4637.jpg

But I didn't bring quite as much stuff

IMG_4691.jpg

So the portage was only a single trip

IMG_4684.jpg

Could you still get through here?
IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

Nice pictures LJ, I only bring 2 Duluth Packs when I camp/trip during the warmer weather, but still not a single carry, that's pretty good packing there.
To get the canoe thru the lower bog I dumped some gear and dragged, time for a new canvas anyway, so no worry.....

robin , im living the dream through you . you need to start a blog. your trips and photos are awesome. please keep it up

Back