Willits Brothers. canoe nameplates

Michael Grace

Lifetime Member
I would very much like to hear from anyone who has or knows of a Willits Brothers canoe with any of the following styles of nameplates:

1. large heart-shaped "Artondale" nameplate, mounted to wide end of bow kingplank above coaming

2. large shield-shaped nameplate with the words "Day Island" mounted to wide end of bow kingplank above coaming

3. large shield-shaped nameplate without the words "Day Island" mounted to wide end of bow kingplank above coaming

Do you have such a canoe from the 6C series or the 8C series? Do you know of one anywhere? If so, please respond here, email me, or send a private message. It would be fun to converse and compare notes on these early Willits Brothers canoes.

Thanks very much,
Michael

It's hard to believe that no one reading these forums has another early Willits! Maybe the early ones are even more rare than I think. Bummer. Even a high resolution photo of a tag would help. I've talked at length with my Willits buddies- Mark A., Paul M., Peter M. , Jim K. and others- and of course Pat C. and I have been talking about these canoes for years. Surely there is someone out there with an early Willits canoe... Anyone???

Back