White Cedar/Ontario

KAT

LOVES Wooden Canoes
This is a request for information as to which suppliers, lumber yards, etc., people who live in and around Barrie Ontario use to get their canoe quality white cedar. Also, any suppliers on the way back to Winnipeg from Barrie might be helpful as well.

My room mate Christine has a co-worker who is on course in Barrie until July 11th, he took his truck there. She has contacted him and he is willing to purchase the wood for us and bring it back to Winnipeg. I'm not sure how much of his truck we can fill up at this point. ;)

Although we may partake of Doug Ingrams gracious offer to some of his stock, this would allow us to put in further stock for future use without any shipping costs.

So please, if you know of any places he could go and get some wc, you could either post here for all to know of PM me.

Thank you
Karin

hi kat
check out Taylor Sawmill- they're on Manitoulin Island but will likely be able to find a way to hook up with your friend. They are a small mill specializing in wc, and claim the cedar from the island is a superior quality. Hopefully others in that neck of the woods will have other ideas, I do think you'll do best with a small mill outfit like them- better product, price and supporting local. Only other option I know from my day's of buying cedar back there was Chisolm's Lumber, in Roslin near Tweed. Will require a bit of ship to Barrie but maybe they'll have other shipments going that way anyway.
Gary

Back