White Canoe Co logo?

Tycer

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Hi all,
I am looking for an image of the 1950s white canoe company logo. I am restoring a 1957 15 foot lapstrake runabout and need to have the image to re-create the side logo and the steering wheel logo. I know this is a canoe forum but it was recommended that I ask here by someone on the wooden boat forum.

Kind regards,

Tycer

Hello,

The attached cover of the 1958 shows the shape of the side logo. You may be able to work with it to create yours.

I do not have any info about the steering wheel logo.

Regards,
Dan

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 661
White Decal reduced.jpg

This one came off a plastic canoe I restored. It was 9 inches by 4 inches. I think it was a 1970's vintage canoe or so.

Dan! My hero. That's it. The dot of the i sits on the cross stroke of the t and the cross stroke of the t runs into the h.

Any chance inside that cover has an interior shot of the floorboards of a little runabout? Are copies available for purchase? Any chance of getting a higher resolution image?

That little runabout on the cover is the same configuration as mine. Ver exciting.

Fitz, see the difference? Not much. Mostly the W

Thanks!

Here is the page showing the 15-foot runabout. It is all I have, no higher resolution, unfortunately.

Attachments

• p01.gif
    p01.gif
    488.8 KB · Views: 826
Excellent! Thanks!

My '57 has just a few differences. Solid mahogany transom, three knees,

Just a quick thanks to all. Got the logos cut yesterday and have stain and sealer on them. Dan has the vector artwork now if anyone needs it.
Couldn’t have done it without the wcha. I’ve combed the interwebs and sent emails to a dozen boat restorers in the NE and it was nothing but crickets....

I have a 1960 White 17 1/2 foot runabout and I too am looking to get logos made to put on the sides of the boat. It has just been restored for the second time since I first bought it in 1987. I've posted photos of the boat after the 1989 and 2018 restoration (new ribs, bottom planking, and paint job at Androscoggin Wooden Boat Works).

Dan or Tycer, could you give me any advice on how and where to get a logo made as a decal or plastic or metal emblem (3-D printing?)?

Thanks,

Rick Storer

IMG_5798.JPG
1989 03    29.jpg

I made this one laminating sapele plywood to black plexiglass. We tried to laser cut the 1/4” sapele plywood but it was too hard for my sign guy’s machine. I took what we had and ran it through the drum sander until it looked clean and was cut out. The plexiglass cuts like butter.
I did it 3” tall. I’m going to attach it to the boat tomorrow.

See if this works

Attachments

• 6071jh - Tycer - White Logo Laser Fix.pdf
    76.5 KB · Views: 561
Heh Tycer...thank you so much! That logo is beautiful!!! Yes, I'd love to get 2 made by Mike@art2sign.com for my boat. Is that the place in on Haywood Rd. in Asheville, North Carolina that is called Cheadles Art and Sign? Do you have a phone # for Mike?

I've attached a .pdf file with a 1959 White brochure. The W in White is the same with the last up stroke of the "W" being the shortest. I've never found a 1960 brochure. Also attached a few picture s of a 1963 15' I found online.
1963 15' #2.JPG 1963 15' #3.JPG 1963 15' #4.JPG 1963 15'.JPG

I'm thinking I'd like to get them made in red acrylic or plexiglass to match my red bootstripe and it's the color the White Company appeared to have used. Your Sapele Mahoghany emblem is really classy though...very original.

What did you mean in your previous post that Dan has the "vector artwork"? What is vector artwork?

Where do you live? Are you a member of a Antique and Classic Boat Society Chapter? I live in Massachusetts and am a member of The Bay State Classic Boat Club and also the Maine Chapter, Mountainview Woodies. You might also be interested in joining the Old Town and E.M White Boats Facebook Group (Public group).

Attachments

• White Lapstrake Runabouts Color Brochure Circa 1958 or 59.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 599
Logo from a 1955 White 15 1/2 foot today. It is located close to the stern. The logo and location are different on the '55 as compared '62 White that is in the shop. The logo on the '55 is near the stern. On the '62 it is midship.

I'll post pictures of the '62 logo soon.

Attachments

• 1955 White Boat Logo IMG_0847.JPG
    1955 White Boat Logo IMG_0847.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 485
Back