Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

W. PA. Wooden Canoe Enthusiast's Picnic Update

Discussion in 'Wooden Canoe Events' started by Max Peterson, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Max Peterson

Max Peterson LOVES Wooden Canoes

WCHA members, owners of wooden canoes, and others who might only dream of owning one, are invited to a "get-together" and early evening picnic on October 16th. We would like to meet others interested in wooden canoes, compare canoes, stories, and techniques, and perhaps do a bit of paddling. If there seems to be enough interest, we may even propose the formation of a Western PA Chapter of the WCHA. Come, join us, bring your canoe(s) if possible, and let's enjoy an afternoon together.

132 Arch St.
    Verona, PA 15147
    Time: 2:00 p.m. - ?

It would be helpful in preparing for this event if we could have an idea of the approximate number of persons to prepare for. WCHA members in the region will receive a written notice with a return card asking for name, address, phone, & e-mail as well as the total number of people that you are brnging. You may make your reservation by sending along the information to max@maxwoodworking.com. There will be no charge for this event. Driving directions will be sent either by snail-mail or e-mail.

2. DUUKANU

DUUKANU Bill Craven

Max, I discovered this site today. Traditionally I work and built small woodenboats and canoe as a sport and hobby. Today a friend gave me an OT her father had as far back as she can remember. It's something she knows I'll care for and use. I would be interested in an event like you've mentioned. I'll keep an eye out for more info. Thanks.

3. OP
    OP
    Max Peterson

Max Peterson LOVES Wooden Canoes

DUUKANU,
    Are you in the area? Send me your address and I will send out the driving directions, etc.
    Max

4. DUUKANU

DUUKANU Bill Craven

16th of October

Max, I'll be away that weekend. I am in the area, Butler, north of Pittsburgh.