Thanks, and peace to all

Michael Grace

Lifetime Member
In the midst of stresses at work and news of strife around the world, it's easy to lose sight of the good things in life. But this morning I woke up to a day off, blue skies and 70F temperature, and my son River watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving - wonderful! So I spent this morning on the water with no one but cormorants, anhingas, herons, wood storks and the occasional alligator. Now back home and heading out to the shop to put another coat of varnish on a beautiful courting canoe, coming in periodically to smell (and sample, and maybe even help with) some great cooking. It's a simple Thanksgiving at home with family; it's a great day. I hope it's a great day for the rest of you as well. Happy Thanksgiving!

Michael

Attachments

• Grace_Otca_BlueCypressLake.jpg
    Grace_Otca_BlueCypressLake.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 311
Hope everyone had a great day. I've attached a picture taken today of my wonderful daughter, Emily, reading to other family members. Sharing stories with youngsters is part of our family tradition, especially at Holiday-time... so Emily stopped by to read to the furrier members of the family. She then headed off to help feed folks at the homeless shelter, while Fred and I packed up a dinner-contribution and headed to Thanksgiving potluck at church.

Because Fred is Canadian, we are required to celebrate Thanksgiving twice a year (once in mid-October and once *now*). But I tend to be thankful a lot more often than that... but without the food.

Paddles Up,

Kathy

Attachments

• storytime with the kids005.jpg
    storytime with the kids005.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 309
Back