re-canvas question

Pretty much done now!

John, I was content with 2 SS T50 staples at each rib, though on the stems after stapling (and avoiding the stem band screw locations) both sides of the overlap, I did add a few brass tacks to help hold the tightly stretched stem overlaps. With regard to the screw locations- and avoiding them- I have to give credit to Howie, whose advice to pay attention to that was invaluable. I just applied my brass stem bands today, and I didn't hit one overlap staple with the stem band screws. And, just a note here, I used a Vix bit which for those of you who don't know, is a self-centering pilot drill which is typically used for drilling pilot holes in door hinge butts. It perfectly centers the drill bit every time because the spring-loaded bit housing rests within the countersink recess of the stem band (or the door hinge). https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/sho...-bits/71438-vix-bit-self-centering-drill-bits

My thanks to all of you who have read and commented, and assisted this neophyte with the process. I was fortunate that it turned out so well.... and was loads of fun!

The color is Kirby's Grayling Gray, semi-gloss.

tempImagejdfBgN.png
tempImageSEBQC4.png
tempImage4JfgF6.png
tempImageu5S4kR.png
tempImagewO7Qa9.png

Nicely done! She looks beautiful!
And thanks for your reply. Your forum thread was very timely and I very much appreciated your efforts in photo documenting the process.
Good luck and I hope you have many happy paddling days ahead.

Back