Quietwater Symposium

canoebuildermark

student of canoes
Have any of you been to this show in past years?
This will be our first time, we've heard many great things about it.
Do you have any advice or suggestions concerning the show? How about a nearby place to get a steak and some beers?
I see the Michigan Chapter has been there in the past, hope to see them there this year.

http://www.quietwatersymposium.org/qws2014.html

I don't know about steaks, but you can google "brewpubs near lansing, mi" and find some good beers.

I've heard nothing but good things about QWS, but still haven't made it there...

QWS is a great way to start thinking spring. You'll get to meet lots of WCHA ers. Lots of really very good seminars, travel tour presentations. Lots of green activity groups. I will miss it this year. I will be out of the country. So much to see and do. It runs concurrently with the rabbit show so bring your allergy meds if you are allergic to rabbits. It's in the ag pavilion. You will be glad you went. AND, if you get lucky iwith the door prizes/raffle tickets, you could win a pack basket made by our own basket lady Wendy Kimpel. She usually brings some for sale too.

Yes, the Michigan chapter will have a booth in the arena. Please come by and say hello. Gil Cramer will be canvassing 2-3 canoes throughout the day. Wendy Kimpel will be there with her beautiful baskets.

Thanks Dave for the plug! Lord willing and no more snowstorms we will be there! In the arena probably.

Looking forward to seeing many of you at the Quiet Water Symposium at Michigan State Agricultural Pavillion, Lansing Michigan. Wendy Kimpel will have her beautiful baskets for sale, and Gil Cramer will be canvassing several canoes.

What a great turn out for QWS yesterday, regardless of the weather. Wendy's baskets sold out in 2 hours. Fred Jasper talking canoes with two boy scouts. Russ Hicks and Skip Gibson.
001.jpg021.jpg052.jpg059.jpg055.jpg

Back