Paint colours

Rod Tait (Orca Boats)

Designer/Builder
Anyone out there have a list of paint colours and where to find them that would match standard colours found on Chestnuts, Peterborough's, etc. It would be nice to have a data base or list to show the options. Reason is I have a customer that is trying to match what they believe is a light "Dove" blue colour on a Peterborough. But colours fade over time in the sun, and what they think might be light blue could have been something else.

Rod, I wonder if your customer wants to match the color of Tom Thomson's (Canadian painter 1877-1917) "Dove Gray" Chestnut canoe? In the book authored by Roy MacGregor about Thomson, on p.69 he writes "Thomson made his even more noticeable by mixing a $2 tube of Cobalt Blue with standard marine grey in order to paint his new canoe a 'dove gray' color." Tom McCloud

Last time i spoke to Roy, i suggested he come to assembly and give his talk about Thomson - Rob Stevens got in touch with him and arranged for him to speak, his time slot is Thursday evening. Here's a Peterborough i did in Dove Gray.
Cheers

Attachments

• dove.jpg
    dove.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 486
  • dove2.jpg
    dove2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 468
Yes that is it! The photo that they sent me is a link to your site Andre. Just wondering what colour of grey as there are several options in marine greys. I have sent you an email via your site as well.

Rod, here's some pictures to show your clients...

Attachments

• champlain.jpg
    champlain.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 453
  • champlain2.jpg
    champlain2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 473
  • champlain3.jpg
    champlain3.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 466
  • champlain4.jpg
    champlain4.jpg