Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Ot 15-2781

Discussion in 'Serial Number Search' started by Kathryn Klos, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Michael Grace

Michael Grace Lifetime Member

Hi Benson,

When Emerson wrote that the canoe was heading home to Maine, I higured it might be you. Glad you got it!

Michael

2. Dan Lindberg

Dan Lindberg Ex Wood Hoarder

Congrates Benson,

and for a fair price too.

Dan

3. Dan Miller

Dan Miller cranky canoeist Staff Member

Looks good on the water, too...

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    Kathryn Klos

Kathryn Klos squirrel whisperer

Just perfect, all the way around...

5. Treewater

Treewater Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

I bid

I placed the first bid. Couldn't let it go without interest.

6. Andre Cloutier

Andre Cloutier Firestarter. Wicked Firestarter.

buyers premium

Wow, things have changed since I was Controller at an auction house in western Ontario over a decade ago, we almost got strung up when we introduced a 6% buyers premium. However with the introduction of the additional 7% GST only a few years earlier boosting sales taxes to 15% that brought the total sale up by 21% , but a pure 22% before any taxes? wow....

7. Benson Gray

Benson Gray Canoe History Enthusiast Staff Member

The 22% buyers premium was for absentee bids through eBay. It was 15% if you bid in person with a 6% state tax so the total was about the same. The net result was that I was going to bid less than if the premiums were lower.

Let me also add that Gil Cramer has generously declined my offer of a paddle and suggested that I "take the paddle to Peterborough and put it in the raffle and/or auction with the appropriate 'provenance' " so everyone will have another chance to bid for it. There is usually no buyers premium at the Assembly auction so the fun continues,

Benson

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  8. Benson Gray

Benson Gray Canoe History Enthusiast Staff Member

I am happy to report that Gil Cramer's paddle raised $300 for the WCHA after some very spirited bidding at the Assembly auction in Peterborough. It helped make this one of the most successful WCHA auctions ever. Thanks!

Benson