NW Chapter Spring Rendezvous

martin ferwerda

W/C Canoes
Below are the details for the upcoming NW Chapter Spring Rendezvous

Wooden Canoe Heritage Association - Pacific Northwest Chapter
Spring Rendezvous – Friday, May 13 to Sunday, May 15, 2005

Where: Jesse M. Honeyman Memorial State Park, on the Oregon coast, 3 miles south of Florence.

Camping: The NW Chapter has reserved 12 sites (#267-278) in Loop F. First come, first served. We are allowed 2 vehicles per site. Six of these sites have electrical hook-ups for $22 per night per vehicle. The camping sites are $17 per night per vehicle. On your arrival, please contact Beth Arcand at site #278 for check-in and to pay your camping fees. Bring your own food and firewood. Pets OK, but must be leashed.

To reserve your own site (other than the Chapter reserved sites), phone Oregon State Parks 1-800-551-6949. For park information call 541-997-3641 or visit parks website http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_134.php

Activities: Seat Caning – Demo & class (Saturday AM), Steam Bending Demo (Saturday PM), Bowron Lake slide show (Saturday evening)

Paddling & Display: Bring your old/new wooden canoes or floating crafts along with any accessories. Also bring your paddles and lifejackets. There are two lakes in the park and short trips may be organized on the nearby rivers and/or saltwater bays and estuaries. Weather is always a consideration in the Northwest!

**Special Opportunity: $5 Raffle tickets go on sale for a brand new 15’ wood/canvas canoe made by one of our NW Chapter members, Larry Bowers of West Coast Canoe. The canoe is made with yellow cedar ribs and planking, ash trim, hand-caned seats and canvas painted red. Ticket holders need not be present at the Fall meet to win. Second prize is a framed, limited edition print of a painting by Charles F. Comfort of an 1846 trading expedition from the Hudson’s Bay Company private collection. The raffle will be held during our Fall Gathering at the Center for Wooden Boats in Seattle, September 16-18, 2005.

DIRECTIONS:

From the north: I5 S toward Eugene. Exit 195B toward Florence. Merge onto Beltline Hwy, then becomes Beltline Road. Turn right onto W. 11th Ave, which becomes OR-126 toward Florence. About 52 miles, turn left (south) Onto US 101, then 3 miles to a slight left turn onto Canary Road. Look for Honeyman State Park sign along roadway.

From the south: I5 toward Eugene. Take I 105W/OR-126 W., Exit 194B toward Eugene. Merge onto I 105W. Take OR-99N/OR-126 exit toward W. Eugene /Florence. Merge Onto W.6th Ave. Turn left onto Garfield St. Turn right onto W. 11th Ave., which becomes OR-126 toward Florence. About 52 miles, turn left (south) onto US 101, then 3 miles to a slight left turn onto Canary Road. Look for Honeyman State Park sign along roadway.

NW Chapter T-shirts, fleece vests & jackets will be available for sale!

Web site: http://www.geocities.com/nwwoodencanoe/

Rendezvous

When is the next Rendezvous going to be held in Oregon? I would love to attend.

Thanks, Corey

Corey,
Not sure when the next one will be held in Oregon, the meets tend to move around, all I can say is keep an eye on the chapter's events page at:
http://www.geocities.com/nwwoodencanoe/NWevents.htm

We also maintain a mailing list (email or snail mail, which ever is preferred), we send out information about the next meet when we have it and we now also have a newsletter. If you would like to be on the mailing list, send an email to nwwoodencanoe@yahoo.com

Martin Ferwerda

Brown Canoe

At a spring meet several years ago I brought down an old Brown Canoe that was yet to be restored.I put the last coat of varnish on it today.Cheryl and I will be bringing it to the meet.Im thinking for its 1st time in the water in some years I will raffle the chance to be the first to paddle the canoe.Proceeds to the chapter.Hope this is OK with all.
Would anyone be interested do you think?

Attachments

• DSCF0871.JPG
    DSCF0871.JPG
    750.7 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:
hi dan,
sounds like a great idea,, and the canoe is looking awesome from the pic you posted. Count me in for a few tickets,,, i could resist poking fun at you.:p

on second thought fixing a simple raffle would give a guy practice for bigger and better thinks hone the skills Nah!:D
The canoe is sitting ready to go hard not to take it out for a spin!

Back