License plates

Benson Gray

Canoe History Enthusiast
Staff member
Does anyone else use their car's license plates to express an interest in paddling and canoes? I have posted a few examples below and hope that others will add theirs here. It is also probably worth explaining that OTCACO was the telegraph address for the Old Town Canoe Company in the early 1900s and was also probably the souce fo the Otca model name.

Benson

Attachments

• plates.jpg
    plates.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:
paddler plates

Not me... Illinois charges extra for that, and I'm not donating extraneous money to the State, for a license plate that repeats what my bumper stickers already say! Still favorite, from Rutabaga (Madison, WI): "I paddle wherever the voices in my head tell me to." I may have to get a new one, as it's getting pretty beat up & faded.

I passed on the sequel, which says "You're just jealous 'cause you can't hear the voices." There's no more room on the bumper...
:D

Another?

It is not clear if the plate below is for Old Town Canoe or someone else's initials. It was the first thing that I thought about when I saw it but that may just be another sign of a larger issue.

Benson

Attachments

• OTC.jpg
    OTC.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 426
Oh, that's Silly-noise, too... it's hard to lose an election when your great-great-great-great-grand-uncles all still vote for you....

Does anyone happen to know if PADL from Elon College in North Carolina as shown below is a wooden boat paddler? I realize that it could be something else completely but my daughter thought of paddling after seeing it.

Benson

Attachments

• PADL.jpg
    PADL.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 397
A pair of paddles and a new Old Town.

Benson

Attachments

• Paddles.jpg
    Paddles.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 385
  • Old-town.jpg