Kentucky/Tennessee Gathering

Norm Hein

Canoe Codger
We are going to have a gathering for the Kentucky Tennessee are to talk about starting up a new Chapter.
Of coarse everyone is welcome. Here are the details:

A Gathering is planned for the Kentucky/Tennessee WCHA Chapter. Although we are not yet officially a chapter we thought we should meet to see the interest and scope of forming this new chapter. It will be somewhat of an open agenda with opportunities to paddle and get to know one another. A meeting to discuss the chapter's future will be held on Saturday afternoon so everyone will be able to attend whether you are staying at the park or just dropping in for the day. Family and friends are most welcome and you do not need to be a member of WCHA to join us. Members from outside of the area are also very welcome to attend. So whether or not you are a member or do not have a canoe or kayak if you have any interest at all please join us. There will be extra canoes there for people to use. Look through the details below and let me know if you need more information.
Please come share and experience the beauty, functionality and history of these great wooden canoes! Learn about the canoes, paddling techniques, learn about adventures to be taken, how they were built and how they are still being built and repaired today. Make new friends and contacts that can last a lifetime. I encourage you to bring as many canoes as you can so we can all enjoy seeing and learning about them.
We have both the Center Hill Lake to paddle and the Caney Fork River which is one of the prettiest rivers in Tennessee. The river is also one of the best trout rivers around!!!
So here is the Information. There is a 2 night minimum for the cabins. I plan to be there Friday afternoon -Sunday.
Please let me know as soon as you can if you plan to attend or not so we know how to prepare.

Thanks,
Norm

Norm Hein
931-698-8428
normhein@aol.com
Everyone is reasonable to make their own reservations.

Nov. 16th-17th
Edgar Evins State Park
1630 Edgar Evins State Park Road
Silver Point, TN 38582
Reservation number https://tnstateparks.com/parks/edgar-evins
Cabins $80-$110
Camping $11-$35

Last edited:
Back