journal index???

chris pearson

Michigan Canoe Nut
Just brainstorming here. Wouldn't it be nice to have and index for the journal articles written? Is there already something like this? How about along with the index, have boxes to hold them upright on a shelf like some of the bigtime mags do it. Can't tell you how many times I went back to look for an article written about something technical. Would the club be able to fund this? Ideas?

Wouldn't it be nice to have and index for the journal articles written? Is there already something like this?
You can get the back issues on a DVD as described at http://woodencanoe.org/catalog/prod...d=464&osCsid=7a01eedcf2baa69738f47280f366d071 and it comes in a small plastic box that will stand upright on a shelf in a lot less space than all of the paper issues. It includes a WCJ.pdx file which is an Adobe Acrobat index of the entire set so you can search for any key words or terms you want. There was an issue and subject index that was manually created for the first 78 issues as attached below but no one has updated it since. It is very expensive to have an index created professionally.

Benson

Attachments

• Issue-index.txt
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,437
  • Subject-index.txt
    35.7 KB · Views: 726
Last edited:
...and for the issues that have been published since the CD, you can get magazine boxes at Office Depot, and probably Target, etc. Not sure where my wife bought them, but they work nicely. And you can then buy extra WCHA stickers to put on the edges of the boxes, so you know which mags are in those boxes....

Aren't you glad I'm so willing to help you spend your money??? :rolleyes:

Good work guys.

I have 2 mags that I keep and have every issue put out by both and would love to have a good way to store and retreve info from them.

BTW, the mags are the Boundary Waters Journal, and the Wooden Canoe.

Dan

Back