Hey Kathy & Denis

Andre Cloutier

Firestarter. Wicked Firestarter.
Lots of Morris canoes, from pristine to skeletal remains - perhaps you were responsible for the sale sign? ( I didnt photograph any pristine ones, in fact didnt take more than a handful of pictures but thought you'd get a kick out of this)
Assembly was incredible; you were both missed.
Be well.

Attachments

• IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    552.7 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 455
Thanks, Andre-- for the pictures and for the sentiment! Hmmm... I thought the canoe I used in my "Morris identification" video was in tough shape...

Speaking of canoes that need a lot of help, I'll attach a picture of one in a nearby town. We first drove by it a couple summers ago, and Denis asked, "did you see that canoe?" Took me a while to spot it. We didn't figure out the builder.

Kathy

Attachments

• Canoe Flowerbed.JPG
    Canoe Flowerbed.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 485
Morris Edumucation

Stuff can be learned even from this poor ol' gal. I'm uploading a picture sent me by Greg Nolan. Notice that the canoe appears to have only two pairs of cant ribs... which places it circa 1904 or earlier (using current dating theory). You can also clearly see the pockets which the ribs fit into... and the cants are pocketed as well.

Did anyone buy this canoe? I'm wondering if there were any telltale tack holes on the inwale, or if it appears the canoe never had a serial number. Guys... this could be our logo canoe!

Kathy

Attachments

• morris skeleton.jpg
    morris skeleton.jpg
    573.8 KB · Views: 443
Back