Help identifying my new project

ticonderoga

"Just one more"
My new winter project is going to be this dingy/car topper. It has no identifying marks that I can find, but I hope by the shape, hardware and seat configuration someone might have a guess as to the maker/model/year. It is 14 feet long and 48" wide with a full keel. Thanks for any input, Joe. DSC_0934.JPG DSC_0937.JPG DSC_0939.JPG DSC_0936.JPG DSC_0938.JPG

It might be a Sebago Fisherman's Special made by Sebago Boat and Canoe in Maine. I had one once and it was also 14' long, made in 1949, and was about when the company went out of business. Look for a serial number burned into either the diagonal on the left side of the transom or on the transom itself just above it. I think my number had 3 digits. Al D

My guess would be a Sebago Fleetmaster as shown in the undated catalog page below. Skowhegan and other builders from that area also used diagonal braces on the transom like those. Both of these builders numbered their hulls but no records are known to exist. More information about these boats and other similar ones can be found at http://www.wcha.org/store/historic-wood-canoe-and-boat-company-catalog-collection in the scanned catalogs. Good luck with the project,

Benson

page-04.jpg

Thats it ! It is the Fleetmaster and is in pretty decent shape. It looks to be a relatively straight forward restoration and hope to have it on the water in the spring. Thanks for the spot on info, Joe

Back