Great Rivers Chapter June Paddle Update

Otter

Gene Ott Canoeist/Builder
I am sending out a reminder of the up coming Great Rivers Chapter paddle outing this Saturday. Please contact me if you are planning to attend so we know when all are present to head for the river. Please note the change for our meeting place at 10 am Saturday morning.
Gene Ott, Treasurer Great Rivers Chapter,
Grant River Paddle
June 27
Start Time -- 10 a.m.

PLEASE NOTE DUE TO ROAD OR BRIDGE
CONSTRUCTION THERE IS A CHANGE IN OUR
STARTING POINT
Jeff Huebscham, local coordinator, reports there has been a good amount of rain in the area the past week. The Grant River has been running a little high and faster than normal. Due to this and road/bridge construction we will be paddling a different section of the river. A decision where to paddle and put in will be made the morning of the paddle depending on river conditions. We will meet at Jeff’s home at 10 a.m. . We will decide as a group what section of the Grant River to paddle or possibly an area of Mississippi River back waters.

The Grant River is a scenic, pastoral river located in Grant County in southwestern Wisconsin. Time on the river will be five to six hours. We plan to have lunch (BYO) and fish along the way. Smallmouth bass fishing is reputed to be very good. Be sure to bring your tackle and Wisconsin fishing license. The river is also shallow enough in its upper reaches to practice your poling if so inclined. After paddling, we’ll stop at the Potosi Brewery for a beer, burger and more socializing.
Directions: Call me for directions to Jeff's home if you are attending. Otter, 920-650-1027

Back