Forbidden

shelldrake

LOVES Wooden Canoes
This is the message that I am getting when I try to open a thread from a list of search results.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

This may happen at times when the server times out (due to overload of some sort), odds are if you come back and do it another time, it will work fine. If it continues to happen in a consistent manner, please give me further details, e.g. what your are searching for and which thread you are trying to view.

This error can also occur if the thread title has more than three periods in a row.

There are other possibilities, but this should get us started.

Dan

Dan,

It is happening when I include the ' symbol in the search. For instance, 20' Guide. The search works, but when I try to open one of the threads, I get the Forbidden message. No big deal, I just eliminated the '.

Thanks,

Matt

I can recreate that error. Punctuation marks can do weird things! One of the common reasons for trouble uploading photos to the Forums is the use of punctuation marks, such as single or double quotes, in the file name. And we had trouble once when a thread title had an elipsis (three periods) at the end of the title.

Back