Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Fitz on the West Branch

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by Larry Meyer, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Larry Meyer

Larry Meyer Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

Well its a lovely evening in New England and Fitz, a Board regular, is on the West Branch of the Pensobsot, Lobster lake, if I remember right, tonight, breaking in the new red prospector. His son and a friend and his sons are with him. May the black flies sleep still.

2. sandpiper

sandpiper canoe builder

You're right Larry. Hope he is lucky because those black flies will attack soon.
    Best regards Sandpiper

3. Fitz

Fitz Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

Back!

:D

Son Brendan and I are back after a great few days. I'll post some details when I get a chance.

The Prospector project was a joy to paddle and we are not known for going without gear! I may have finally convinced my buddy to perhaps upgrade his Royalex OT camper.

For anyone that may not know the location, we paddled a section of the historic West Branch of the Penobscot River in Maine. Including a night on Lobster Lake. This is normally a very popular route, but we didn't see a soul for three days.

Katahdin still has some snow, but the unseasonably warm temperatures brought out the Maine State Bird (the black fly) enmasse the last day. :eek:

4. Charlie Franks

Charlie Franks Curious about Wooden Canoes

That certainly is a beautiful area to canoe. How far did you travel on the West Branch? Did you go out to Chesuncook?