123951 copy 2.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 545
  • 123951 copy.jpg
    123951 copy.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 541
  • 123951.jpg
    123951.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 495
My guess is a Rhinelander but there are others here who know much more about these canoes than I do.

Benson

Now you tell me!!! No, I was just looking for ID confirmation out of basic interest. I thought posting it here would also get it sold for the guy and hopefully back in the water. I'm trying to keep my Wisconsin canoe fleet under double figures. But if the right canoe came along, say a Racine Seneca, a Dan Kidney, a....

Thanks, everyone, for the ID help.

Could it be a Morris? It does look like a splayed stem. The Morris would be cedar and the Rheinlander would be a bit smaller and it would be a hardwood. The hand thwart looks like an addition because the bolts are on top of the rail cap instead of under it and the narrow seat caning looks like its a replacement. The shape of the seat framing, deck and rail caps and the keel fastenings on every rib are Morris traits.

Could it be a Morris? It does look like a splayed stem. The Morris would be cedar and the Rheinlander would be a bit smaller and it would be a hardwood.

Hmmmmm....looking at it again I realize that I may have seen what I wanted to, not what was there. The stem does look more like a Morris stem then a Rheinlander...not only darker but also not as rounded. And those seat frames are mahogany...
The keel screwed on every rib.... is that how they were attached on a Rheinlander?

Reminds me of Click and Clack, Stump the Chumps... there needs to be a follow-up in a year to learn the outcome.

Back