Dugout canoes wanted help me please!

NormMiller

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Im helping out with logistics for the reenactment of the Lewis and Clark Expedition that has been taking place since 2003 and will go till 2006.
To make a really long story short. The group is in dire need of acquiring dugout canoes anywhere from 15 to 35 feet in length and preferable out of cottonwood tress or similar.
This group is currently in Montana and will need to purchase, borrow, or rent the dugouts to be used throughout the remainder of the expedition. You probably have seen the group featured on the major TV networks, National Geographic Discovery, and other media. The dugouts will be used as well as shown for educational purposes.
If you have one, know of someone who has one, know someone who can make them or any information you may have in the matter would greatly be appreciated. It would be good exposure to anyone who helps out in this matter.
Let me know if you need more details. Please email me!
Norm Miller
Livingston, MT

I've heard tell of some being built in the BC interior in recent history. Could be some school or native groups involved up around Smithers perhapse. I'll put my feelers out.

Back