Demise of Porters Woodworking, Maine

smallboatshop

Restorers
We've been getting our white ash 18' 1"x1" rough stock from Porter for a long time. Good for keels and rails for those odd AA OT's and for fiberglass/composit canoes. I e-mailed today to see if they might have some more stock and where I might meet Jim to pick up the ash on his trip south from East Millinocket and got this reply.
\
"Sorry, Porter's is no longer in business. We bought all of the assets with hopes of restarting the business but that idea dims with each passing day. Do you need any woodworking equipment??
Thanks,
Rick & Debbie LeVasseur
Innkeepers
www.5lakeslodge.com"

So I guess that this message is: 1- to alert anyone interested in equipment; and 2- to ask for sources of long lengths of clear white ash in Maine.

Dan

Sorry to hear that....If you hear of any sources and would be willing to share them, I am currently looking for some also to finish up with several I have. Also will reciprocate if I find any...There is a place in Rumford that has a load of long length and will be going there this week to check the quality. I am here in South Paris.

Porters

yes a sad case of mismanagment Rick would like very much to startup but the accounts have been lost i believe old town was the largest account

Back