clamps

David Satter

Wooden Canoe Maniac
I got these spring clamps years ago. of course I can't remember where. Their the best clamp in my shop. For the ends of canoes, stems, pulling outwales together at the tips. The teeth on them are very sharp . Will easily put a hole in your finger. They hold at any angle. Won't slip off. I can't find them anywhere. Would love to have some more. Any ideas ? I'll keep looking , I think I got them from a small tool shop. They do make some spring clamps with grippers on them but not like these. Dave IMG_3078.JPG IMG_3079.JPG IMG_3080.JPG

I have some plastic versions (in the UK ) but they don't have teeth just rubber pads so probably not as good.Now I've seen yours I might add spikes to them.
Thanks for sharing.
Alick

Another variation, the red clamps are an accessory from Bessy. "Pivoting Wide Angle Jaw Adaptor' "plus or minus 15° pivot", for their K clamps, but with some epoxy and plastic shims can be made to fit on a Quick Clamp.

Attachments

• clamps.JPG
    clamps.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 699
They work great ! I strip and staple alone, and these clamps are a one handed operation.
I first clamp the strip in place, and go back and staple. It really helps fitting the beads into the coves.

I have around a $1.50 in one. Zip tying the plastic tubing saves the coves when clamping the strip in place. No fooling around with tape wrapped dowels, that always fall on the floor !

You will like these !
The two bent nails used to stretch the tube make it a cinch to assemble these !

Enjoy !

Jim

Back