Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Canoe Footwear

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by dboles, Apr 1, 2005.

1. dboles

dboles LOVES Wooden Canoes

I have found the best foot wear for tripping-Cowboy Boots.
    Has anyone else tried these and if so can you purchase rubber overshoes for them.
    The only draw back is the srurs ,a little tough on the canoe but I would imagine the rowels would keep the bears away when jangling down a portage trail

2. Dave Osborn

Dave Osborn LIFE MEMBER

Winter Blues

Sounds like the effects of a long winter are taking their toll! :(
    Don't worry.....Better days are ahead. The loooong BC winter will be over soon. :D

3. Larry Bowers

Larry Bowers yellow cedar manipulator

There is winter in BC ,, where? I am still trying to find it after all these years..

You know Dan probably is tellling the truth and tried his new footware :p

4. Larry Meyer

Larry Meyer Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

For what consolation it provides, I've been canoeing 3 times the past two weeks. (I'm near Boston.) Today we're getting 1-5 inches of rain, which should bring the rivers up (past flood stage actually.)

And we had a long post before th Fall about canoe shoes. I like an oddball made by Sperry called the Figawi Duck Shoe.

5. OP
    OP
    dboles

dboles LOVES Wooden Canoes

Well........
    I waited until afternoon (forum time)for B Whalen to post his usual April 1st.
    apologue but it never showed ,so that was my feeble attempt at fools day humour.
    And it rarely freezes this side of the west slope so I have at least 8 day trips in and a 2 night 3 day solo.
    Seems water is getting ready to soften up everywhere.Hope them projects are near completion
    Dan