canoe building demonstrations in NH, ME, VT & NY

jane

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Hi, I'm with the Northern Forest Center, a small non-profit in NH and we will be touring the northern forest of ME, NH, VT and NY this summer with a traveling exhibition focused on the culture and heritage of the region. Part of this tour will include a performance and demonstration series featuring traditional artisans. We would like to include traditional northern forest canoe building as one of our demonstration areas.

I am looking for builders who use traditional techniques and have experience doing demonstrations and may be interested in participating in one or more events scheduled between July and late October. In particular, I want someone who is interested in interacting with the public, sharing in-depth knowledge of their craft, building techniques, materials, current issues and historical perspectives.

Immediately, I am looking to make initial contact with people in NH, but in the next weeks few weeks, also like to hear from builders in the other states.

Please contact me directly at jfink@northernforest.org and give me a daytime number where I can reach you.

Thanks. Look forward to talking.

jane

Back