Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Belle Isle

Discussion in 'Wooden Canoe Journal' started by Jan Bloom, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Jan Bloom

Jan Bloom LOVES Wooden Canoes

Kathy,
    I really enjoyed you article on Belle Isle. For those of you that have not recieved the current Journal issue Kathy Klos's Belle Isle history is a treat.

J. Bloom

2. Gil Cramer

Gil Cramer The wooden canoe Shop, Inc.

Thanks Kathy!! Great article!!

3. Kathryn Klos

Kathryn Klos squirrel whisperer

:) Thanks! I loved working on the article, which produced further questions that I plan to research.

Yesterday, I was poking-though the archives here in Forums, trying to figure out what Zach's mystery canoe might be (the one that may or may not be a Gerrish) and I found Fitz's statement in 2007 that a Brodbeck has pocketed ribs. And I thought "oops--- shoulda remembered that!"

Kathy

4. yeolwoodsman

yeolwoodsman Rolf Warncke

Great read!

I really enjoyed reading the article Kathy!!!! Let us know when the book comes out :)

5. Kathryn Klos

Thanks! "The Book" sits in the back of my mind.... :)

6. Treewater

Treewater Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

good article

Likewise, Thank you for a nice article.

7. pklonowski

pklonowski Unrepentant Canoeist

Ditto the above... great work, Kathy! :)

8. Kathryn Klos

Thanks, guys.

Denis and I plan to visit Veazie this summer and follow-up on some clues. And I need to give Veazie Fire Chief, Pete Metcalf, a hug for digging out the information on the Morris fire... "we" didn't know the exact date before, and now we do. He worked hard to find pictures of the fire itself or the aftermath, but nothing has surfaced. He's doing a history of the Veazie fire department, and the Morris fire was one of the biggies.