April Paddle

dboles

LOVES Wooden Canoes
My son Matt and I went for a paddle on Lake Revelstoke. In a just restored Chestnut Pal A beautiful spring day although cold and a bit overcast
Launched and headed north around 5 miles with a stiff tailwind. We stopped in a few places looking for moose shed antlers no luck in finding any but saw lots of moose sign where they had spent the winter.
Stopped in a small bay lit a fire using a flint and steel and a birdsnest for tinder. Lots of fun lighting a fire without a match
Had a nice mugup and lunch- roasted sausage over the fire.Looked again for sheds.Some wolf and deer tracks is all we found. While we waited for the sun to head towards the horizon and take the wind with it as it is apt to do here.
Watched a Varied Thrush singing also saw some Golden Crowned Kinglets migrating through and a pair of Redtailed hawks quite afew Widgeons sqweeking away when we got too close.
We gave the fish a chance but they stayed swimming for another day As we paddled home in absolute calm.
Came home to a very cold Sunday dinner just before it got dark.
Had a greatday with my son a very fine canoeist

Attachments

• DSCF0866.JPG
    DSCF0866.JPG
    782.8 KB · Views: 494
  • DSCF0867.JPG
    DSCF0867.JPG
    758.2 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCF0868.JPG
    DSCF0868.JPG
    781.9 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Thanks for posting the report and nice pictures. Canoes and sons go well together, and those sausage cooked for lunch make my mouth water.

MikeCav Pretty sure- this is a small town and we havent the traditional milkman or door to door mailman even :D
Robin You are right about canoes and company do go well together.

DBoles, you are lucky devil! You can share the canoe activity with your son. And in BC, the weather must be mild, with the flowers showing. Here in Quebec, we still have ice on the lakes. I went poling up and down a little river near my place, a few times. The season is back. Have a nice canoe summer.

Sandpiper

Back