Apprentice Opportunities

BryanCassidy

Hello Canoeists,

My name is Bryan Cassidy and have a strong desire and passion to learn traditional wood working skills specifically with canoes.

I recently graduated at the University of New Hampshire this past May with an Outdoor Education major and Sustainable Living minor. I enjoy using my hands as I have spent years working on farms. Currently however I truly long to follow a passion of wood work. I love canoeing and am astonished at the true craftsmanship that is put into them.

I wanted to reach out in case any canoe builders are looking for an apprentice. Any opportunities to trade labor for educational experience. I have looked into larger boat building schools mainly in Maine but at this moment I am not able to put forth such a tuition. I am trying to put my foot in the door in quality outdoor craftsmanship to hold onto rich tradition.

I hope to speak further if there is any possible opportunities to learn and be able to help around a shop or any helpful information that may help me in my search.

Thank you for your time,

Bryan

Hello Canoeists,

My name is Bryan Cassidy and have a strong desire and passion to learn traditional wood working skills specifically with canoes.

/QUOTE]

Bryan,

Some of the builders are quite generous that way. There are contact details here in the Builders referance. You might be well served to pick up the phone and call or better yet, road trip. Several are quite close to you.

Check you PM's

Back